Thursday, March 03, 2005

Embers...

Some might wonder why there's a chamber in my heart that beats for gone,
But I have to wonder why it even gets called that,
I still remember the fallen hair haloed in flaming tresses,
Caressing her shoulders like a cloud aglow.

When I look back I leave the flames and warm my hands upon the embers,
All those places and moments where a spark of tenderness burned in,
Fighting for a football in summer grass that turned into a helpless kiss,
Or wading through tannin water burbling over limestone.

Just a few treasures that I can't speak of much now,
But I lived my dream for a brief summer,
And that warm season doesn't need to be forgotten,
Unconditional is a word that makes it like that.

Let the silent embers glow.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 03/03/2005

Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to all the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.