Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Conversation With The Monster Under The Bed:


Post by AquarianM on Sep 27, 2003 at 2:12am

A Conversation With The Monster Under The Bed:

Walking into a dark bedroom,
I felt a faint tug on my ankle,
My mind did all the rest,
Green skin and claws,
Blood red nails and gnarly,
I had to stop and say,
It's been a long time Clyde,
You see his name is Clyde E. Scope,
For the whirling madness of his eyes,
I didn't think you'd stop by again,
But Clyde was cool,
Adjusting the cover skirting,
Peeking up from the floor upside down,
He said it's Halloween coming up,
And he had to get a visit in just before,
Or he'd be buried in candied dust bunnies,
But hey it's good to claw your ankle again,
Make you remember the old bunk beds,
And all those scary dreams,
Watching my buddies be the stars,
Drac 'n Frank 'n Fang,
All them old guys from the crypt,
Thing is though I had to tell you,
It's tough being a figment,
You know the subconscious replica,
Of every carnivore of the dinosaur dynasty on up,
But sometimes we wonder about our grown up kids,
And I heard you'd been visiting with the mythical types,
And angels and all that jazz,
So I thought I'd come back and remind you,
Keep your head tucked tight,
Flip the wool under your feet,
Take a ride on a falling bridge,
And maybe scream a dream,
Just like the old days,
So I gave Clyde a scope,
Smiled and winked a nod,
Good night monster mash,
I clicked out the light,
And screamed a gory old dream.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 09/27/2003

Author's Comments:
I had a silly little fantasy the other day when I was
getting dressed and I just remembered the star of
many a childhood show.