Saturday, December 03, 2016

The Silence of Rain:


Post by AquarianM on Mar 14, 2004 at 12:37am

The Silence of Rain:

In the dead of night,
Long before I can rest my weary head,
The sound of rain falling,
Leads me into thoughts of nothing at all,
Television glaring old movie angst,
Will my heart ever wake up,
From the silence of the rain.

It seems people don't care any more,
What the world really is,
Does he look like some movie star,
With a face more famous than a name,
What's underneath those eyes,
Is a vacuum in a fog,
When sincerity and caring are backed up to the wall.

Then suddenly I remember,
The stars will come back out,
Even though the lights of the city hide them pretty well,
Make their connect the dot picture show,
Forever across the sky crawl,
Inspire a billion sages,
Whisper a trillion new songs.

In the dead of night I understand,
The rain isn't silent,
I hear each lovely note,
And until the stars shine up again,
Eyes can only open one pair at a time,
The wheel is turning as always,
Soon will be the right place right hearts right time.

Funny how the sounds so pervasive are silent,
Pour down what eventually touches everyone,
So go ahead and drink your fill,

I'm standing in the silence of the rain.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 03/14/2004

Author's Comments:
I don't know quite what it is about a rainy night, but it makes me look inside.