Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Did You Get Lost In Corinth...


Post by AquarianM on Jan 12, 2007 at 1:36am

Did You Get Lost In Corinth...

Hey, Hillbilly Gal,
You know you pop up in my thoughts about a zillion times,
I always wonder how you've slipped through the years,
Graceful or happy or sad or wonderful or what?

I never forgot that you set me a place that time,
Off with your rel's in that faraway land,
Or that they put me up on your word in tough times,
Nor that you're a friend of mine.

If you ever see this never wonder,
Nothing got ruined and nothing was plundered,
I'd still smile if I saw your face some day,
Remember that young gal from so many years ago.

Hope you're happy and doing well,
Maybe I'll see you along the river some summer,
Down at the 'Fest with all my old friends,
Never think I don't count you among them.

Just on my mind lately again you know,
Are your ears burning or are you grinning?

Smile, Hillbilly Gal,
You do that well and I like remembering it that way,
If you ever think of me I'm just fine,
Just a sweet old friend...

You've been on my mind.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 01/12/2007