Friday, June 16, 2017

Eagle Boy's Gift...


Post by AquarianM on Nov 28, 2007 at 1:05am

Eagle Boy's Gift...

A thing of pure beauty,
Easy to rest the eyes on,
It sits on my finger in a silver circle,
Graceful oval with silver wings,
Looking like the globe of the Earth,
Perched in my own personal space.

It’s my own little ceremony,
I have three rings,
One gold and white-gold wedding band on the left,
One silver and turquoise on ring finger right,
Right pinky silver with a black and white yin-yang,
The last I bought when twenty,
On the banks of the river in my home town,
My first time at Riverfest.

The turquoise and silver was made by Eagle Boy,
It even says so inside,
I bought it at Hozhoni’s – a friend’s shop,
Janet knows the artist now retired.

Every day I put them on,
Starting left to right:
“I am connected to, protected by, and supplied by love.”
“I am connected to, a protector of, and supplied by the Earth”
“I am connected to, protected by, and supplied by God and all the Universe.”


Eagle Boy gave to me the Earth.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 11/29/2007