Monday, June 19, 2017

For Want Of An Olive...


Post by AquarianM on Feb 28, 2008 at 12:17am

For Want Of An Olive...

I stalk down memory lane – hiding,
Lest a breath blow away my ghosts,
Hearing whispers of happy times,
A place where dreams were infinite.

You can’t lose here as long as you don’t disturb anything.

The filters that bring me to this place are diverse,
Songs or dishes or old antiques,
Some wisp of yesteryear on the internet,
A picture haunting a magazine page.

I can never get enough – how about you?

I tread with utmost caution,
Trying to glimpse anything I’ve forgotten,
Put it in my treasure box,
Filled with the ultimate of ultimates – memories.

My hunger growls from my gut - unquenchable.

For want of an olive my shadows hear me,
Running off to Heaven on rainbow wings,
Discovery thwarted by distraction,
A lack of hypnosis and focus.

I awaken starving for more sleep.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 02/28/2008