Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Break Dancing....

Post by AquarianM on Jul 10, 2009 at 1:54am

Break Dancing....

I swear this ankle behaves better the more I move it,
Something I found between the edge of sleep and passion,
Tuning in to a radio station quite by accident,
Driving into work tonight I hit the dance mix channel,
Sucked in by the beat to those old days,
When I was young and lithe and 100 pounds lighter.

I felt the ages fall away from my soul,
Remembering what it was to just move,
All beat and no thought,
Sound and heat and attraction,
Wild and free.

I pulled up the old disco on the PC at work,
Stood on my aching ankle and just rocked away,
And for a few minutes,
The pain rocked away with me.

That's when it struck me -
Entropy slows down in the face of rapid motion.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 07/10/2009