Friday, September 29, 2017

A Season Of Fire...

Post by AquarianM on Jan 9, 2010 at 7:07am

A Season Of Fire...

In the mist of distant memories you dance,
Twirling on a pedestal I know should be burned to the ground,
Bedazzling and life-like though you are more a china doll,
Though exquisite in detail not real,
The memory of my deepest blush,
Object of obsessive worship,
Where I fell to the darkest cold depths of frozen Hell,
In the aftermath of encountering the reality,
Of loving and living with you.

Despite the fire in eyes of cinnamon,
Despite your hair down,
Despite the platinum sweet of my tongue,
I couldn't satisfy your twisted fires,
I was a square peg - by nature not nurture,
There was no way I could learn what you needed me to be,
Because just knowing isn't enough.

I remember the Heaven of you in the soft crush of my arms,
Only for one Summer,
All my life I'll carry a torch I can't put out,
Giving my love honestly somewhere else,
Tormented and blessed,
By the memory of a season of fire.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 01/09/2010