Sunday, October 01, 2017

Why I Landed In Noni's Kitchen...

Post by AquarianM on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:18am

Why I Landed In Noni's Kitchen...

Under other circumstances,
I might have been lost in the spirit house,
Never to be born,
But a leaf is blown in the wind,
And the sexy turmoil boiled over downtown,
Making me as the budding cherry blossoms,
Born to fall to this Earth.

Thankfully I wasn't born to a bag lady,
I landed in my Noni's back yard,
Watching her pin laundry on the clothesline,
Fascinated by an old wringer washer,
Amazed by a sewing machine with a pedal.

Sunday sights and scents,
Garlic and sapphires,
She was from old Sicily,
Where the sage-baked chicken was tender at the bone,
Pie-baking she would comfort me with apples,
And the spices grown under the kitchen window.

You would die to have one bite of her pasta,
I know it.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 01/06/2010