Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Histories Of Ink...

Post by AquarianM on Jun 4, 2011 at 7:11am

The Histories Of Ink...

Tatau is now Tattoo,
Ancient beyond twelve thousand years,
An art and craft and rank,
Depending on where and when you're standing,
The history of your particular descendant of the craft.

This is not the collection of histories I put pen to paper for...

Every tattoo has its own personal history,
A way and why and all that culminated in ink on and under skin.

The Coffee Angel spoke to me of it this morning,
A sweet inquiry whether my ink was new.

A tiny bit of our ink stories were traded,
But customers were waiting - patient.

My remodeled and freshly-dedicated ink,
Her three inks she waited a lifetime for,
I wonder if she waited more than one life,
Someday I'll ask.

They call it India Ink,
From the land of elephants and color,
I wonder if elephants ever have tattoos.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06-03-2011

My new tattoo that covered over an old one last Monday:

 
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages