Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Bandana King...

The Bandana King... 

That small square of cotton,
Ancient symbol of freedom,
Comfort and protection,
A place to hide,
A way to be seen,
Hot pad at the campfire,
Outlaw,
Biker,
Hippie,
Rocker,
A classic,
As American as apple pie,
But more like hot dog,
I can mask them with the best of 'em,
Have a stout collection,
Maybe someday I'll start a bandana museum,
Classes on folding,
Janice singing Bobby McGee,
Long hair a uniform requirement,
Straight or ponytail,
Like prayer flags for an American heart,
Maybe the bandana will survive the corona,
Move from my face to my head,
But one things for sure,
No one's laughing at me for collecting them,
But I don't mind if they do,
Just wear yours,
Red or blue,
Green grey or yellow,
Black or purple,
If you want to be cool.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 04/13/2020

#Poetic Philosphy #Poetic Memoir #Lifestyle