Thursday, April 25, 2019

Battle Cry...

Battle Cry... 

It used to shriek and ding,
Now it softly groans om,
The drumbeat of sleepy feet,
Never truly rested,
Off again to be tested.

Pet the cats,
Slip on slippers,
Start the coffee,
Set out clean clothes,
Brush and shower,
Master the comb.

Dress and button,
Zip and tie,
Pour the pot,
Kiss on the fly,
Hop in the truck,
Turn the key.

Flip on the radio,
Start up Maps,
She reads me directions,
Where the traffic is at.

Tick-tock-tick,
I'm racing away,
I won't slow down,
Not 'til the end of the day.

Every which way,
My attention is split,
In fours and threes,
There's never enough of me,
Slap and dash,
Fire of the moment,
A job truly well-done,
That's way back in history.

Produce with the least,
That's the new American battle cry!

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 04/24/2019