Saturday, October 01, 2016

Time Warps Do Exist...

Time Warps Do Exist...

Which must be the theme for this morning, because people were posting pictures of their Deloreans on Facebook, and the comments went all the way back to the future.

Now, getting past that digression, I just went through and skimmed over the content on this ol' blog, and just wow! It goes back all the way to November 1st of 2002. I'm pretty sure that's close to when I first started blogging, period. It can't have been too long before that.

I'm amazed at how much of my poetry is archived here. I'm damn lucky that it is.

I had at the last count I remember, nearly 1,800 poems published on Lightverse.com before it went down. I'd thought I had emailed myself almost every one of those poems as I posted them. They'e nowhere to be found in the email folders I expected to find them in.

There are many of those poems scattered across multiple poetry sites around the web. However, nothing was as comprehensive as Lightverse.com. Luckily, a lot of my early poetry survives here, on this sweet old blog. I'm very grateful for that.

I'm probably going to work to recover a lot of my poetry from a couple of other sites that have quite a bit of my more recent poems. Maybe from 2005 on.

We'll see just how much I can recover, and put up here in this place where my mejic still reverberates through the webverse.

At the moment, I'm killing time in the wee hours of the morning working on a computer that has just been giving me fits. The thing has been an utter nightmare to work with. I'm on my last-ditch attempt to fix it. I'm waiting for a system image backup to copy over to a portable hard drive.

I had a great email from my dear old friend Spinny yesterday evening. That was cool. She lives way Down Under. We've been online friends since back in 1996. Who has friends on the web that long? The internet was in its infancy then. It was like a naive little baby compared to now! Seriously, Netscape Navigator! How many of you remember that? Or AOL? Remember the first time you found out what LOL meant, or ROTFLMAO? Windows 95? Yeah.

At any rate, I'm going to go find a poem and bring it over here. Happy morning world!

Thank you for reading!

AquarianM