Friday, June 30, 2017

Dream Riding With Night Spirits...


Post by AquarianM on Dec 29, 2007 at 12:02am

Dream Riding With Night Spirits...

A child again I ride,
Pedaling furiously in the twilight,
The ancient oak by the rail yard,
Silent and majestic in the starshine,
Growling wolf stops me cold,
"Wrap in the white light first."

Howling he runs beside me,
In my white light suit I race the tree,
Branches laden with ideas growing all about,
A bough breaks and falls away,
I ignite the rockets to either side,
Bolted to my bicycle,
I scream up the rough bark into the sky,
Arching high over the moon,
Wolf on the back seat singing.

I admire a passing star,
She beats tiny gossamer wings,
A streak of stardust to kiss my cheek,
I see the world floating below,
Having climbed the tree of life,
I ride the winter skies in joy.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 12/29/2007