Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Missing Felicia...


 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/10/2000 5:46:09 AM
9/28/2022 4:19:38 AM
871

Missing Felicia

Aunt Felicia, friend and confidant,
Raven hair, tall slender good looks,
What more could you want?
Nephew who listens to your ideas, not books.

Teenage years, so uncertain who to be.

There were things you told me then,
No, I'll never forget when,
I always listened, to your voice,
Because I trusted in that choice.

Could you sing Rose Garden for me again?

You friend Carol my not-so-secret crush,
And the things you blatantly said made a freshman blush,
Moonlight bike ride along the beach,
Certainty just a bit out of reach.

Where, oh where could you be?

Those younger days haunt me now,
Because it's clear that I don't know how,
To find you or to come near,
You're hiding in the pictures and the voices that you hear.

Tiffiny looks so like you I can hardly believe my own eyes.

I heard California is the place for you,
But since Grandma died, I wonder if that's so true.
Your daughter a young woman now,
It's been so many years,

But you are one of the voices, that I'll always hear.

I miss you.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)08/10/2000

By: Daniel A. Stafford

Author's Comments

My Aunt Felicia. She was like a mix between teacher and confidant.
One year older than me, and we used to spend hours talking late
into the night one summer that she came to stay. We were riding my
bike down past the beach when a dog chased us, laughing home.
All I know now is that she succumbed to her battle with
schizophrenia and is in a home somewhere in California.
It's been since I was in high school that I last saw her. Her daughter
Tiffiny is now just a bit older than she was then and her mother's spitting
image, very near. (Update 2022: Aunt Felicia passed away several years ago. She will never be forgotten.)

Library Home
AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/10/2000 5:46:09 AM
9/28/2022 4:19:38 AM
871