Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Great Yuku...

Post by AquarianM on Apr 5, 2008 at 5:23am

The Great Yuku...

Once there was a dragon,
Creature of lightning flashes and sparks,
Master of a sea of dreams,
Subject fishes flying low over the waves,
Dropping poetry from their teeth in tiny splashes.

Rainbows and memories are the treasures in the dragon lair,
Missing posts fought out by thieving gremlins,
Who have no dreams of their own.

I sat in a cigar chair smoking,
The Dragon saw me as a child-god,
Twisted and spinning in the mists of real-time,
A mystery of zen-karma lost in emotional currents,
Trying to save a world from its own blindness,
Bearing nothing but a pen and notebook.

I let free a puff of smoke,
To the Dragon's great delight,
Flipped the ash from my cigar,
Jotted down a few lines,
Turned into a zeppelin fish,
Dreaming loudly,
I raced out over the sea.



AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 04/05/2008