Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Ten Polished Moonstones:


Post by AquarianM on Sep 16, 2003 at 1:23pm

Ten Polished Moonstones:
 
I closed my eyes,
Saw black shiny spheres,
Saw whirling colors,
Saw oil slick rainbows,
Black glass eyes in the middle of the dark,
The jade princess was drawing,
Alone in a garden,
Some sacred thing,
All calligraphy in henna shades,
Encircled by these stones,
Ten black Moonstones,
And from each a moonbeam sprang,
Ghostly pale amber,
Like ladders to the sky,
And I looked up,
Into the light years' distance,
I saw a kingdom of many colors,
Everyone dressed in strange robes,
The princess was crying crystal tears,
That tinkled like bells as they fell,
With a raptured smile on her face,
Painting and painting slow steady and sure,
Delicate strokes like flower petals in a puddle,
Spinning all these hidden dreams,
But you couldn't see past the moonbeams,
And down from the sky,
A crazy old man with skin of coal,
Crazy like a fox I guessed,
Because he held the crown,
I bowed in respect,
To the father of Dreams,
And suddenly forty red princes appeared,
Laughing in their feathers and skins,
They called the Earth child and Mother,
Caring for her with deep joy and light souls,
And I danced with my brothers,
They gave me a gift,
Telling me I was Mother's lost child,
A beautiful winged lady,
Transparent like a ghost,
And an amazing glass pen,
When you looked into it,
You could see everything,
As though through fuzzy glass,
And you could hear the whispers,
Thundering from the Lady's wings,
And thus my family muse came to my side,
And mother Earth called me home,
I fell down between ten polished Moonstones,
The pen was my hand,
And landed in a pillow dream of words,
To wander all my days,
Seeing a different light,
Hearing a different voice,
Some called the voice Poetry,
I still think it's just touches of life,
Light,
Life,
Touch,
Whisper,
Whisper true,
Heart to me to you.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 09/16/2003

Author's Comments:
Don't mind the wrapper, see the light.