Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Just A Thought Of Giving Back...


Post by AquarianM on May 18, 2006 at 10:55pm

Just A Thought Of Giving Back...

It's the afternoon of my life,
Pretty and sweet in many ways,
Maybe even warm.

I have friends...a few but good ones,
I have love...just one now but a great one,
I have a child now...just one but a wonderful one,
I have a home now...pretty and spacious and comfortable.

It's time I gave back,
All those years that I was allowed to grow,
To struggle and learn the value of life,
To see a vision of what community should and could be,
It's time I gave back.

I find grand dreams of things to leave here floating through my mind,
Visions of what could be with some follow-through,
Something to make home a little better than I found it,
Here in this area betwixt all the rivers and the lake.

The sun shines down on cloud shapes,
I write poetry and speak my mind,
Maybe - just maybe,
I can learn to manifest wonderful dreams.

Pretty things that grandchildren might find.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 05/19/2006