Thursday, October 26, 2017

Feet On Fire...

Post by AquarianM on Jun 23, 2010 at 2:29am

Feet On Fire...

It was the Father's Day from Heaven and Hell all at once,
For of children I have only one.

Saturday comes the mail with a GED certificate,
Accompanied by a high-score award,
Leaving me with a pleasant glow all Sunday,
Despite the lack of a call.

Then comes Tuesday,
Then came Tuesday,
The day of the weekly call.

Jobs are scarce and so are plans,
So off to the National Guard will go our young man,
To Hell with anything I've ever said,
Off to help the corporations make people dead,
You just never know who.

I've got nothing left to do,
To kill off this dark mood,
Except put on my dancin' shoes,
Boogie until smoke and sparks fly from my feet,
Burn up rubber on the floor,
Because my feet are on fire.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/23/2010
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages