Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sight Of A Season...

Post by AquarianM on Sep 11, 2010 at 3:46am




Sight Of A Season...


I saw red leaves today and my eyes joined in,
Summer is winding down and it leaves me melancholy,
It always does.

I'm another Summer farther,
Off from those golden days of youth,
Young loves bygone and flown,
Young friends and old grandparents,
Pictures that flake away to dust.

Every sunset notches my heart,
Whittling it down to a match stick,
Still it burns bright and heavy,
While I hold my breath as the sun slides off the world.

Summer, Summer,
Leave me not,
For it's hard to bear the sentiment and ghosts,
That play like faded children in Autumn leaves.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 09/11/2010
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages