Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Bean...

The Bean...

Some say it's a shiny thing in Chicago,
I know better.

These words come pouring into my head,
From some steaming pot of universal wisdom.

In the hours past midnight,
I have sought out Midnight Mud in the hospital cafeteria,
In the savage morning,
Challenge my coffee wu do not,
Until my morning cup have I had.

I have gone to the dark side,
I drink it black,
Percolated,
Strong.

I have my old friends,
Percolators,
Mugs,
A grinder or two,
And the scent of paradise fills my garage,
As soon as the beans are turned to dust.

Yet let me tell you of coffeemojis,
There is one to every mood or purpose under heaven!

The universe does not exist until there has been coffee,
The entire thing arises,
Fresh-brewed daily out of a steaming pot,
This is the reason my friends,
Stellar plasma is hot.

Piping,
In fact.

The biggest planet in our solar system,
It looks freshly stirred,
Does it not?

With a hint of cinnamon,
I just you all by the strength of your brew,
Never,
Never ever,
Be a drip.

Weak coffee is a cause for woe.

Good morning,
Wake up and smell the coffee,
Let all of creation commence.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 08/30/2020