Sunday, November 12, 2017

Burning Another Year Down...

Post by AquarianM on Oct 9, 2010 at 12:40am

Burning Another Year Down...



I look up and see the angle of the sun falling further into South,
Listen to the rustle of clouds scraping leaves,
See the slow ignition of Autumn on the trees,
My feet kicking the ashes of Summer into forlorn piles,
Birds flocking on wires and weaving the remnant sky.

My bones feel closer to Earth,
Memories pass before my mind's eye like sad shades,
Old songs playing on my inner radio,
All the things that used to be glorious.

I know there's another Summer coming,
Yet I still need to bask in the warmth that's left,
Savor the sweet flavor of pumpkin in my coffee,
Ready all my lights and candles for the long Winter,
Say a little prayer for my ghosts,
Put the heavy quilts on the bed,
Snuggle in warm and dreaming with my Honey,
And ride this beauty out.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 10/09/2010
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages