Saturday, November 11, 2017

Living Through The Hypocralypse...

Post by AquarianM on May 19, 2010 at 2:11am

Living Through The Hypocralypse...

It's nice and slick all about the sea,
A rainbow-dead shimmer where the fish & shrimp now sleep,
Like the hair on Wall Street as slick as greased glass,
Sad to say a full world of hearts shaped like an ass,
Everywhere you look under the covers there's a stinking stench,
The reek of stinking death with a plastic smile on His brown lips,
An Ivy-League creation to prevent another generation,
Where the rules of school are how to treat all souls as fools,
People sit there and say Disco sucks,
On their fat too-old to Rock & Roll asses,
Yet I want to forget marching in the streets and dance my way down them,
Laughing and fighting nothing but dreary airs,
I'm not going to let Death's wife Old Age take me,
I'll never go willing or apathetic off into the dark,
Not me,
I'm going to dance my way out of the rabbit hole,
Even if Synthetic were to become my middle name.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 05/19/2010
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages