Sunday, December 10, 2017

In The Space Of A Breath...

Post by AquarianM on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:41am

In The Space Of A Breath...

Life is a fragile dream,
Caught in a bubble of modern peace and prosperity,
One I could paint in whispers of your name,
A place of grace we only reach for a moment,
The flicker of a candle as a song gently ends,
The echo of notes in my mind,
A morning in your arms just before I go,
For the last time,
Something I didn't yet know,
A song that plays again once in awhile,
Brings me back the scent of our youth's beauty,
Iridescent like a flower encased in glass,
Like a dandelion gone to seed just before the breeze,
Time took us on the wind,
Scattered and aching,
You blew away.

AquarianM

(C) 10/19/2011
By: Daniel A. Stafford
Dedicated to those gone before they should be.
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages