Monday, December 04, 2017

The Wisdom of Glass...(Oldy)

Post by AquarianM on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:07am

The Wisdom of Glass...

Glass is said to be a solid liquid,
But the time it would take a window,
To flow out of it's frame,
The physicists say would exceed,
The life of the known universe...


I think we all want to wind up under glass,
A race of spectacle spinning 'round,
Put me in a giant paperweight,
And shake up the snow, Baby,
'Cause I want to leave footprints,
Make my micro millimeter's progress,
Count out loud in Echo's pretty face,
Is the window warped yet,
And why is this paperweight on my desk,
A huge dandelion puff in the clear,
Over a wash of Navy Blue,
Bury me in a block of clear plastic,
A pen in each hand too,
And put my world under windows.

Maybe the wisdom of glass,
Will let them see through me,
To where the love is sweet,
Not any shade of molten blue.


AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 01/18/2002

Author's Comments


Aside - they have the most beautiful collection of
paperweights - hundreds - at the Chicago Art Institute Museum.
Doesn't it seem that whatever we wish to beautify,
glass is involved? Jewelry cases, hell, any merchandise case,
paperweights, pictures, church windows stained,
skyscrapers, lights......mirrors.
Words are the mind's bridge - it's connection to the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - it's connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.
---------------------------------------
All of my published poetry is at:
www.lulu.com/spotlight/coloringbookforallages