Friday, May 05, 2017

Beneath These Stars…


Post by AquarianM on May 30, 2007 at 11:23pm

Beneath These Stars…



It’s summer and the haze lingers as twilight falls,
Out over an open field with grasses and cornstalks swaying,
A hot gentle breeze touches our faces upturned.

I see a falling star streak by brightly,
A novelty jading can not diminish,
I see lovely jewels fading in and out of fuzzy night.

What’s never been reached is something to dream on,
Stars so far and calling across the lonely void,
Filling us with wonder and dreams of all sorts.

Walking slowly through this season,
Soaking up the warmth and sheer life of it all,
Our summer friends come out and dance their sky.

Stars hovering and darting all about the fields,
As far as the eye can see they’ve come to Earth,
In the soft yellow-green glow of the lightning bugs.

If the wee folk could dance a summer jig,
Why wouldn’t they do it right here,
Among our flying lanterns the fireflies?

I tilt my glass of ice water to you,
Hat of straw upon my head,
Gravel touches my toes in the whispers of glowing night.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 05/31/2007