Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I Can Hear Why They Speak Of Soul...


Post by AquarianM on Mar 9, 2007 at 6:05pm

I Can Hear Why They Speak Of Soul...

Those saxophones will wail under your skin,
Grab you by the heartstrings and pull your hackles up to Heaven,
And when Coltrane has A Love Supreme,
Divinity gets a gift,
Uplifting even my poor freshman efforts,
I am one with the brass for a few minutes after listening,
Grafted into the mother of pearl that tweaks sculpted air,
The springs fall with precision,
And if I reach for the distant stars and barely touch clouds,
It's because I've yet to find the Rainbow Bridge,
But I can hear the soul light across the horizon,
It gleams from their footprints,
Harp - Koz - Hawkins - Alexander,
I am pulled in their updraft,
Wishing for flight.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 03/09/2007