Sunday, May 07, 2017

Sunshine And Silence At The Green Leaf...


Post by AquarianM on May 19, 2007 at 11:53am

Sunshine And Silence At The Green Leaf...

The karaoke machine is dark and dusty - un-plugged,
People in the corner reading have no idea poets exist,
The sun is streaming down just out the window,
A palace of birds and butterflies.

The wooden chairs and tables out front bleaching,
For lack of shade from a bum -
I eat my organic hummus plate,
Sipping ginger-peach iced tea.

Conscious Choice looks fun this month,
A big green leaf on a black and white backdrop,
Something beautiful waiting,
Waiting in a colorless world.

Everyone loves an audience,
Even and especially poets,
The audience is us my friends,
Because poetry is OUR love.

A tree grows from its roots,
Persistent and strong,
Yet without each leaf and branch,
A hollow trunk it becomes.

It takes consistency to build a venue,
They never come already-made,
Someone sat through quiet days and nights,
Before the poets all stayed.

I'll come here after working all night,
A sunny day inside a quiet space,
Waiting for all my friends the leaves,
I know they're blowing on the wind.

Someday Spring will come,
The dawning leaves will bud,
I'm enjoying my tenure in peace of place,
Sunshine and silence at the Green Leaf.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 05/19/2007