Saturday, October 08, 2022

Black Room Dreams...


 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/14/2000 2:35:26 AM
10/8/2022 2:00:46 PM
841

Black Room Dreams

As a child in Head Start,
Dreaming could be considered an art.
I dreamed of The Bluest Angel, watching over me,
I dreamed I'd float up and down the hall, free.

There is no gravity in some dreams, swimming in air.

There was a dream that came now and then,
A strange yet haunting old friend.
My room, all painted black,
Windows closed unto the dark.

In the closet, where the toys lived.

A plastic Batmobile,
With a plastic steering wheel,
Orange bat upon the hood,
The only color where I stood.

A bit of color in the dark.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000

Author's Comments

I had the most vivid dreams as a child, and this one
was repeated several times. The one where I was floating
up and down the halls came often, as I floated, I watched
the neighbors coming and going through the halls.
The Bluest Angel was one of my very favorite dreams.
Inspiration for another poem.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/14/2000 2:35:26 AM
10/8/2022 2:00:46 PM
841

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com8/19/2000 7:21:47 AM
Another great poem. Once again, it brings back memories to me.
Thanks Dan...:o)