Wednesday, October 05, 2022

True Wealth, And Reasons To Write:

 


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/13/2000 7:27:01 PM
10/1/2022 7:17:39 PM
934

True Wealth, And Reasons To Write:

Memories, times our heart glows in,
Memories, which our love grows in,
Moments, soft, holy, tender,
Magic, true magic to never surrender,
Seeing you standing in flowing velvet gown,
My heart so full I near break down,
Your eyes sparkle with reflections of a Christmas tree,
Or your look so distant as you reminisce of we,
Couple walking hand in hand,
Softly kissing when we stop and stand.
Two who had something sacred only we could share,
A tiny piece of forever carved out upon a dare,
Never knowing just how long,
Or what could make our hearts stay strong.
All things in time we lose,
Change inevitable, worn out shoes.
Favorite clothes that wear and tear,
Seasons past, fleeting and fair.

Memories.

It is memories, like these, which are the jewels of our lives,
decorating our hearts as the precious stones that bring sparkles
in a way that no cold gem ever can. These, we are allowed to take
with us when we fade into the pale gray mists of time, even as we
who write are blessed to be able to leave an echo of them behind
to stir the imaginations and warm the hearts of those who follow.
There can be nothing more priceless to own, nor so dear to ever lose.

What memories shall you leave behind you?

I look upon this world, so beautiful, and bemoan the shortness,
The brevity of our lives, fleeting instants upon the stage of life.
Many who are dear to me are passing or have gone. Others shall
be here long to share what remains. I never know which. None of us can.
It is because of the memories that you all have gifted me with so well,
That I will never be poor, except in count of time.
I will make the best of what I have, because that is how I
honor the memories of you all.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000

Author's Comments

I just watched "Autumn In New York", the new movie in the theaters. It is a wonderful tale of romance and love, of love triumphant over fear and emptiness. Also, I received Mi Wha's reply to my poem about childhood memories I hold close. It seems to me that the reflections of these events have meaning, so I have written them down here, to share freely with you all.



AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/13/2000 7:27:01 PM
10/1/2022 7:17:39 PM
934
AuthorEmailWeb
Total Comments: 2

Comments

Sue Alliebttfly9@yahoo.comhttp://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/98438/13/2000 10:53:35 PM
Yes, memories are very special and we keep them alive by telling the tale to
our kids who pass it down to their kids etc. By telling them to others we
sometimes realize how all the more they are so extra special to us.
You have a way with the words.
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com8/21/2000 12:36:34 AM
You've made my life richer by sharing your memories
and now that they are instilled in my mind they become
my memories too. Do you understand what I mean?
Thanks Dan for all the memories... *S*