Wednesday, October 12, 2022

In The Silent Darkness...

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/29/2000 1:52:58 PM
10/9/2022 11:05:28 AM
934

In The Silent Darkness

There is a place in my mind,
It's inspiration's intention is kind.
Hoping to find a light to shed upon the world,
I search here, secret visions whirled,

Looking in every corner.

Late in the night, when breath is slight,
Sounds faint, dispersed, almost no light.
There is a quiet place, gentle breeze,
Sitting under the stars with hands on knees.

Listening to the under current.

Rushed is not possible in this dimension,
Solitude, preventer of dissention,
The Universe contained behind my eyes,
Hoping for a vision of something wise.

Turning over thoughts like stones in a garden.

Emotion's tides are gentle here,
A quiet place that knows no fear.
These tides, however, run deep,
A secret that there is no need to keep.

Praying for insights, guidance, wise words.

I wander in the wider world that waits inside,
So that I may share my visions with warm pride.
Will my transmission be received? I know not.
With a sigh, resigned to the poet's lot.

Searching in the Silent Darkness.

Inside.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000

Author's Comments

A place that those who share my passion must visit often. I should see them there, ghosts beyond the barrier of the creative dimension, that well spring of creativity we all tap into in our musings and wanderings, kindred spirits trying to bring light to our worlds and friends.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/29/2000 1:52:58 PM
10/9/2022 11:05:28 AM
934

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com9/1/2000 4:00:38 PM
When I read a poem and find myself nodding and saying ahuh and feeling so much like I can really identify with the words, I read it through a few more times and sigh and say...gosh..... I wish I'd written that....:o) Another wonderful poem Dan.