Saturday, October 08, 2022

Spooning You...

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/17/2000 4:00:26 AM
10/5/2022 5:28:23 PM
838

Spooning You

See the magic of the lights,
Chandeliers and soft low ballroom glows.
Dance floor lit from beneath in soft pastel rainbow hues,
Glorious dresses and sharp tailored suits.

The scent of your perfume like a draft of wine.

Sultry, long and slender,
Your smile lights your eyes and hints of surrender.
Candles flickering on tables,
And we are here, living romantic fables.

Guitar pickin' swing and rhythm, lively, sweet.

Dinner on classic fine china with silver of luster,
Conversation that sparkles and wit that I muster,
Looking into your eyes might yet drown me,
But heaven awaits on the dance floor I see.

Holding you close and swaying to a slow number.

Out on the terrace the Moon like a perfect picture,
Framed by a faerie ring and graced with starry jewels,
Flowers lit through glass windowed doors and rapture,
I hear soft strains of guitar and see a vision that passion fuels.

Whispering softly in your ear, spooning you.

Your form fits to mine divinely, my love.

It's magic!

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000

Author's Comments

This was inspired by the Woody Allen / Sean Penn film, "Sweet & Low Down". It is part reminiscent of the thirties night club atmosphere and musical wonder of the film, and tinted through the romance colored glasses that are my own visions of romance. Usually, thinking of romantic moments, I see visions of the times shown in this film, and elegant dressed visions out on a moonlit terrace and
it makes me smile inside. I've always had an inner fantasy of romance in those days, and I think it was inspired subconsciously through older films watched as a child, although I'm not certain. I saw such visions while writing "In The Soft Glow Of Moonlit Roses", also. A moonlit elegant terrace covered with rose bushes and a young couple in love. It was also the them for my college
graduation ceremony in 1993, "Moonlight & Roses". None the less, in my mind no setting could be sweeter, softer, more romantic. I love such moments with Lady Saren very much, quiet close times in elegance.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/17/2000 4:00:26 AM
10/5/2022 5:28:23 PM
838

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com8/19/2000 2:37:12 AM
Oh Dan, how romantic.... sigh.........