Saturday, October 08, 2022

Floppy Johnny...


 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/14/2000 3:49:02 AM
10/7/2022 11:48:43 PM
902

Floppy Johnny

Floppy Johnny:

I remember a boyhood friend,
A little boy's companion to the end.
His arms and legs were floppy,
And at night he kept me company.

Just a rag doll.

Long floppy hat,
Triangle jack-o-lantern nose,
Black dye eyes,
Flower covered vest, orange.

Warm my heart.

Make me feel not alone at night,
Ease a little boy's loss of the light.
Tucked in together at Noni's house,
When I was not much bigger than a mouse.

Do you know your ABC's, Johnny?

Give me a snuggle, close our eyes.
Let's dream of flying in the skies.
Airplanes and fancy cars,
Trains and tractor dream stars.

Good night Noni. I gave Nono a hug.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000




















Author's Comments

Just remembering an old friend, one that deserves to be remembered.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/14/2000 3:49:02 AM
10/7/2022 11:48:43 PM
902
AuthorEmailWeb
Total Comments: 2

Comments

ART PAUL SCHLOSSERartpaul@mailcity.comhttp://www.poets2000.com/appoems/default1.htm8/14/2000 6:01:23 PM
This poem is very cute and has alot of sentimental value. I was wondering Dan did you have an astronaut doll when you were a kid too?
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com8/19/2000 5:58:48 AM
I agree... this's a cute poem. It reminds me of the stuffed dog my son had when he was a child. It ended up all floppy and loved to bits. I stored it away in a box and one day I'll bring it out and show it to him again. Maybe when he's got a young child of his own....:o)