Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Three Musketeers, We Liked To Think...

 


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/26/2000 9:50:38 PM
10/11/2022 12:56:18 PM
902

Three Musketeers, We Liked To Think

High school. Words that evoke terror and joy,
Times that were hard and wonderful, for a boy.
I never fit in school, different as I was,
Ridiculed or laughed at just because.

Understanding can be a luxury in life.

Other misfits quite like myself,
Two friends very different from me on the same shelf.
We hung together, learned to get along,
Listened to the same bands, sang the same song.

Queen's "We Are The Champions" belted on the radio.

Ace of Spades, Ace of Hearts, Jack of Diamonds,
Nicknames from cards for three friends.
Ideas and ideals discussed with vigor,
Dreams of homeroom angels shared with rigor.

Drawing super hero comics, learning to drive.

Biking all through Madison, State Street was alive,
Wandering the East Towne Mall, imagination thrives.
Camped out at night listening to rock in an old house,
Rules and society blues, luck we would grouse.

All things pass in time.

We all grew, spread apart, changes came.
But the memories of glory years, they belong in frame.
Three gypsy geniuses in different styles,
Sharing a camp fire of the mind for awhile.

Riding buses, bikes, and walking everywhere.

We thought to change the world, make it a better place.
Dreams that we shared with much of the human race.
First dates, first times, craziness that shines,
But we grew up and the world changes to the nines.

Maybe it's time to dream again.

They're playing Boston!

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000



By: Daniel A. Stafford

Author's Comments

Madison, Wisconsin. 1977,1978. There is no comparison, no way to share completely the  environment we had then fully. I can tell you this much. It is a very progressive city, and wonderful to grow up in. Especially back then. Even if there were people who were rotten, there were a lot 
more that weren't. Art, Eric, I have good memories of back then because you guys were around. That's something I'm thankful for.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/26/2000 9:50:38 PM
10/11/2022 12:56:18 PM
902

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com8/29/2000 12:45:43 AM
This poem reminds me of my poem, "Where are They Now". It has made me remember again all those past memories and the fun I had with my friends. I envy you to have someone who you can reminisce with and laugh at the things you did. How wonderful for you...*S*