Friday, October 14, 2022

Snowflies Dance...

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/31/2000 5:29:43 AM
10/13/2022 10:26:39 PM
875

Snowflies Dance:

A cold New Year's in Madison, Wisconsin,
When the Great Blizzard of '99 blew in.
At my mother's house by the lake,
With my new Love for goodness' sake!

Snowed in three days.

In the dark, windy, howling night,
Out the wall to wall window, a spectacular sight.
Roof peak lamp over the yard shines,
And swirls and eddies falling in sparkles and shines.

Looking for all the world like diamond colored fireflies.

Catching the light with twists and turns,
Tiny sparkling prisms with a beauty that burns.
Dancing over the lake, and under the giant willow tree,
Over the pier and winding into the drifts I see.

Snow as deep as the waist of a six foot six inch man.

The frozen lake,
Snakes of white snow drifting across,
Like a sea of pearlescent frozen glass,
Out in the yard, kids give the puppy a toss.
Little Joey disappears in a swirl of white,
Only to burst up in a moment of free flight.

Falling back into disappearance.

Across the lake,
The orange lights of the resort towers softly glow,
Window lights part of this winter show.
I wonder if the guests are snug and warm?
My Sweet Baby and I are watching the diamond swarm.

Curled up in the wicker chair with candles,
Watching the Snowflies Dance.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000

Author's Comments

The power was out, and it was a 30 inch snow storm over two days. The New Year's date that lasted a week, My then new Love Lady Saren and I snowed in with my whole family on New Year's night, 1999. It sure was pretty, though!


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/31/2000 5:29:43 AM
10/13/2022 10:26:39 PM
875

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com9/1/2000 4:39:56 PM
I was going to go to bed then I thought, no, I'll just read one more and I'm so glad I did. Forgive me if I sound like I'm repeating myself but...I love this poem Dan. It's something I can only imagine, living where I do and having never experienced the  wonder of snow. WOW! What more can I say to tell you how I felt when reading (living) through this poem. Thankyou so much for the experience...*S*