Saturday, October 08, 2022

Cattle Roll...

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/21/2000 2:29:17 AM
10/4/2022 3:23:50 PM
838

Cattle Roll

Tiny town, USA,
I'd describe Genoa, Nebraska this way.
There's a bend in front of church,
Where big trucks heave and lurch.

Main street burmed backwards.

Near every week a rig is over-turned,
Take it too fast, you'll get burned.
But I never will forget the time,
The cattle hauler tried it on a dime.

The locals were duckin' bull on Main Street.

Round the pumps at Conoco,
Past the cafe they all go,
Co-op isn't at all safe,
Tempers, they all chafe.

Bet they're still talkin' about it.

Me, I just put that dime in the mini bike tank,
And I have the trails to thank,
I'm off away from it all,
When it was cattle wall to wall.

Wonder if they're still chasin' 'em?

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C)2000

Author's Comments

That turn was banked exactly wrong. And those cattle were everywhere. I don't think I ever, ever saw anything quite like it, but this time it was the cattle that were doing the drivin'.



AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/21/2000 2:29:17 AM
10/4/2022 3:23:50 PM
838

Total Comments: 2

Comments

Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.com8/21/2000 2:39:52 AM
Hey, is that a pair of horns movin' down the next aisle at the IGA? Gol durn, it's the grocery trail! YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com8/21/2000 10:29:24 PM
Hahahaha...Dan this is so funny... the movie I can see in my head. Cattle running amok, people chasing them yet not knowing what to do when they corner them. I think I'd be like you and head for the hills.