Saturday, November 14, 2020

Eternal Lamp Of Night

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford7/20/2000 2:26:47 PM
11/11/2020 6:38:37 PM
4240

Eternal Lamp Of Night

Night of amber Moon, summer evening ending,
Time of rest and musings near, heart time I'm spending.
Romantic, mystic, beautiful full lamp of night,
Surrounded by a fairy ring, pillows of silver cloud surround just right.

Gracing the night skies eternally.

Watching over us, leading the march of tides in timeless fashion,
Diana, Athena, huntress of the night, watcher of passion,
You've guided our women's tides as surely as those of Earth,
Sister to our great Mother, your beauty gives birth,

Bringer of romantic visions, harbinger of love.

As timeless as the seas and sands your hand does gently wash,
Caressed by summer winds and poets' words so posh,
You enrich our existence, and promise to make our future,
And by your storied light shall we mature.

As your eternal lighted hand gently rocks the cradle,

Lovely night light, we adore thee.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 07/20/2000

Author's Comments

This was inspired by the skies over my head the past week, the times I have lived and loved, and Skye's beautiful fantasy work. Some things you are glad will last beyond you.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford7/20/2000 2:26:47 PM
11/11/2020 6:38:37 PM
4240
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 6

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com7/21/2000 11:32:51 AM
I think this is a beautiful poem. I could see the night sky as you described it to me. What a majestic sight!
Sue Allliebttfly9@yahoo.comhttp://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/98438/2/2000 7:46:37 AM
I can picture you laying on the soft grass with your hands crossed behind your head, all your cares thrown away and just dreaming gazing up at the stars. Into your mind enters this beautiful poem.
KatrinaKatzMeowSS@netscape.net8/7/2000 10:03:37 AM
Wonderfully descriptive!! You do so well with the mystic approach. It's like you see things in the way they were meant to be seen....magically and as if for the first time. Great job!!
Mavenacheowing@yahoo.comHttp://www.marksofxcellence.freeservers.com6/2/2002 7:16:53 PM
Have you ever published any of your work ? It' s simply riveting .
BoundarylesseyesBoundarylesseyes@aol.com3/20/2004 7:35:53 PM
I am new to this site and I felt compelled to read this. I'm glad I did. It's a wonderful poem. I have some friends who honor nature and I will forward it along to them.
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.whizzyrds.com3/26/2010 3:36:56 AM
This was one of my earliest attempts at poetry. It's been on the "most active 50" list for 10 years. I guess I got it right. It was originally inspired by a night out on the river one summer in my brother's boat with both of our wives. There was an absolutely gorgeous amber Moon rising up from the horizon as we were trolling to the dock at the end of the day.