Saturday, November 14, 2020

Sweet Dreams

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/1/2000 5:00:45 AM
10/1/2020 1:33:43 AM
807

Sweet Dreams

What do I see when I close my eyes?
I see you in your beautiful disguise.
Hair of fire and cinnamon memories,
Fiery spirit and bringer of glories.

Some days you no longer speak of.

Candle light and garnet vision,
Closed eyes and smiling to precision.
How could I know of your mission?
Success for you is what I'm wishin'.

Purple gauze not withstanding your fallen hair.

Dark Angel, be kind if you can,
To the memory of your fallen fan.
In the depths of my mind you stand,
On a pedestal in the spotlight by my hand.

A portrait of youthful dreams.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 08/01/2000

Author's Comments

A picture from the hall of memories.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford8/1/2000 5:00:45 AM
10/1/2020 1:33:43 AM
807
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 2

Comments

ART PAUL SCHLOSSERartpaul@mailcity.comhttp://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/artpaulrocks/aggindex.html8/1/2000 12:33:58 PM
Well I like the style of the poem. It rhymes and has good rhythm but I am curious to know who the dark angel is ?It looks like hobit material maybe you should write a fiction stories while you are working on these poems.
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.com6/22/2001 1:31:39 AM
Excepting that this poem is not about a fantasy, rather it is a still portrait f someone I loved very much, and the sadness that goes with the knowledge that such is not meant to be.