Saturday, November 07, 2020

My Legacy...

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/26/2000 12:06:38 PM
11/3/2020 3:10:58 AM
3992

My Legacy...

I tell this to my son,
Should he read it some day,
You know he is the one,
And loved in a special way.

I want so much to do this right.

If I can teach, and give you many skills,
Then hopefully you're safer, crossing distant hills.
If I can show you kindness, and a father's gruff love,
Then hopefully you'll know, you were sent from up above.

Through any obstacle, I will wage a fight.

Though in your younger years, we were kept apart,
In the grand new future, we'll make a brand new start.
I can't agree with others, I must decide my mind,
On how best to give you, skills and nature kind.

These are my gifts to you.

So when you were still questioning, as I hope you'll always do,
I'll have done my best to answer, with reasons true.
And if you ever wonder, if I really care,
Then I'll give you my legacy, because I will fight to be there.

I hope so much that you know.

Time will tell how I do this, is it shining grand,
But if I can possibly, I'll watch you grow to stand,
Just a bit taller, in your heart.

I love you my son.

Let that be my legacy.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/26/2000


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/26/2000 12:06:38 PM
11/3/2020 3:10:58 AM
3992
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 7

Comments

APoetsPerspective6/27/2000 6:12:22 AM
Very nice Daniel, leaving a message or verse for our children is always very touching, and also very dear. I've written several for my daughter, which she may someday read.

Thanks, John
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com7/6/2000 11:47:18 AM
Congratulations Dan for winning with this poem.
I'm not at all surprised, it's beautiful. I can
imagine how your son will feel when he is old
enough to understand it. What a lovely idea.
I think he's a lucky boy having a father like you.
Constancemoondanczer@aol.com7/8/2000 1:59:53 AM
I hope to one day to share my legacy with a son of my very own. Thank you for reminding me how important it is. Your poem is beautiful and has touched me. Keep up the good work Daniel.
Janiecejavan56@yahoo.com7/13/2000 11:26:14 AM
Oh Dan! How wonderful! I've been meaning to check back to look at your postings again, and I'm very glad I did!
Claudklugecc@jps.net7/19/2000 10:24:08 PM
Hi

It occurred to me that as poets we tend to be somewhat
self-centered at times and thereby miss a lot of good things
that others have to offer.
I, therefore, have undertaken to read and comment on all
the poems posted on the 50 most veiwed and 50 most recent
catagories. I can find some good in the poorest of poetry
and something to critisize in the best of poetry.
The project may take some time but the fact that you are
reading this should indicate that I've read this piece and
enjoyed, at least, some if not all of what you ‘ve written.
I'll leave the judging to the experts. It.s enough for me to
know the you cared enough to share your work with us all.
I would also encourage you all to share your thoughts with
me and all the others that have contributed to this website.
Just remember:
A SONG IS NOT A SONG ‘TIL YOU SING IT
A BELL IS NOT A BELL ‘TIL YOU RING IT
LOVE IS NOT PUT IN YOUR HEART TO STAY
LOVE IS NOT LOVE ‘TIL YOU GIVE IT AWAY

Claud
L.B. Stawnpoetman99@aol.comhttp://hometown.aol.com/petezman1/lbpoems/lbpoetry.htm My home page-sign guest book7/27/2000 10:56:59 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if more parents felt this way. Having raised 4 children and having 15 grandchildren. I empathize with you thoughts.
Sue Alliebttfly9@yahoo.comhttp://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/98437/31/2000 8:43:17 AM
What a great poem! Telling a kid is one thing, but to express yourself and write it down is extra special!