Saturday, November 07, 2020

Release of Heart Chains

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/29/2000 5:44:23 AM
9/30/2020 9:55:26 AM
809

Release of Heart Chains

There was a time, not so very long ago,
When I was walking through a dark and closing door.
I had wrapped chains of iron around my heart,
Thinking never again I would start,

To live a life of love.

Battered, nearly broken, loser in love's gentle fight,
Heart held together just barely in the frozen night.
Loss and heartache followed at every turn,
Barely keeping a dry eye due to harsh lessons learned.

To lose someone is akin to a close to you death.

I took one last look behind me through the door,
And there was a light illuminating my heart on the floor.
A kind gentle Sorceress come to cast a sweet spell,
You caught the key Just as I tossed it behind.

Love is a gift, a promise you must be allowed to keep.

I took my time learning that you were the one,
I wasn't quite sure I belonged in the sun.
You convinced me my love to come out of the rain,
And your sweet truth eased away old pain.

I started to believe there might be life in hope.

The gift that you given me, promises I'll be here for you to keep,
Are the reasons my soul no longer feels a need to weep.
I have not a reason any longer to hide,
And this all because you are now at my side.

I love you. I trust you. I hadn't thought I could.

You gifted me with the lost key to my heart,
And you opened the chains before they could rust shut.
Without you, the chains on my heart would not have seen release.
You've given me life and love and fun.

Thanks to you, I smile like the Sun.

The chains are broken away forever.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/29/2000

Author's Comments

My sweet Saren, and her kindest gift to me. An honest love.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/29/2000 5:44:23 AM
9/30/2020 9:55:26 AM
809
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html