Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Candle Calls Sweetly

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/8/2000 2:27:02 PM
10/13/2020 12:19:14 PM
888

A Candle Calls Sweetly

Late at night, there is something in the air.
The moon shines on the horizon, stars twinkling and fair.
A soft breeze of salty ocean air,

Whispers in my ear.

The sand is smooth, washed out white in the night.
I sit on my towel, with one candle for light.
The sound of ocean waves, their silvery sight,

Rhythmically I hear.

I think to myself, deep inside.
Inside me I go, a natural ride.
Here there is something, but nowhere to hide.

No need for fear.

I watch the white caps silvered by moon,
And dream of ships, sailing to the tune,
Of the waves that forever, dance, sparkle, and grace me in june.

Wish you were here.

Where, with creaking masts and gently flapping sails,
Could we go, without travails,
In places tropical, leaning on rails.

For me to hold near.

An ocean of water, stars, moonlight, canvas and wood,
and the rocking of all the places I've stood,
Could never match how the love of you has done me such good.

My sweet Seer.

Yes the call of the candle, that flickers and shines,
Could not match your love, the finest of wines.
A smile over the waves, dreaming of times.

Yes, A candle calls sweetly, here near the waves.
A nightly ritual, because thinking of you saves,
My heart and sanity, and the way my world behaves.

I will hold you soon, here under the moon.

AquarianM

By Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/08/2000

Author's Comments

I loved the romantic beach scene. I wanted to visit it again. This helps me to go there.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/8/2000 2:27:02 PM
10/13/2020 12:19:14 PM
888
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html