Friday, October 23, 2020

Friendly


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. STafford5/6/2000 2:35:23 AM
10/15/2020 10:48:53 PM
883

Friendly

I know a friend. I have a friend. I used to talk to a friend.
Live with those you know.
I laughed with a friend. I missed a friend. I cried with a friend.
Time so quickly goes.
I lived with a friend. I tried with a friend. I sighed with a friend.
Often so busy we can be.
I ignored a friend. I bored a friend. I lost a friend.
But the best things in life are free.
I wrote to a friend. I joked to a friend. I smiled with a friend.
Not often enough do we see.
I called a friend. I spoke to a friend. I saw a friend.
Some things are at the heart of me.
I taught a friend. I learned from a friend. I reflected on a friend.
I wish I knew how to better be.
I asked a friend. Can I still, always, have a friend?

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford

(C) 05/06/2000

Author's Comments

I've often been too busy in life, too down, too far away. As I get older, I realize, some things shouldn't be too far away, they can go away. Time has a way of passing, and things disappear before you know it. You think "I'll get to it soon", but soon can be too late. Remember your friends. Remember your family. Nothing is forever, including those you love. We're given just a bit of  room, a bit of time, a little experience. When you're young it seems like forever, no end in sight. But things go away too soon. Make sure the ones you care about know it. Every day. You never know how many of those there will be, for either, but not forever. Remember the past, plan for the future, but LIVE now, because now is what you can guarantee. The past is gone and the future is maybe.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. STafford5/6/2000 2:35:23 AM
10/15/2020 10:48:53 PM
883
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. STaffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 3

Comments

Christinatigris@primus.com.auhttp://www.geocities.com/tigrispoet/8/25/2000 8:21:59 AM
This is so true. I think many of us take our loved ones for granted- be it friends or family - without even realising it. And then when they are no longer there, it's too late. Our loved ones are important parts of our lives and we may think that they will be there forever. You are right - whatever happens, we should always let our loved ones know that we care.....and not take for granted that they will always be there to show....very well expressed.
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com10/1/2000 4:38:36 AM
Hey Dan, I'm not going anywhere,
A friend... :o)
Jenniejs_19_speedracer23@yahoo.comyahoo.com1/11/2003 11:58:09 AM
Dan-

Hi! Beautiful poem. I really like this one. Keep up the good work. Thank you for your comments on my poems.

Sincerely,
Jennie