Friday, October 30, 2020

Wandering Mage

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/22/2000 4:12:42 AM
10/19/2020 12:21:43 AM
749

Wandering Mage

He works his magic in the quiet of the night,
The light of a modern crystal ball illuminates his sight.
The world he roams, in spells of crafted imagination and dreams.
When daylight comes, his heart carries more than from looking it might
seem.

There is a universe crafted inside his mind's eye.

He crafts his spells with utmost care,
Hoping his light shall shine forth, oh, brightly and fair.
Transported on electric winds, a creation of the Midnight Mage,
Spells of beauty and power to last beyond an age.

Waiting to be set free in verse.

With love of all within his heart,
He finds a way to make a grander start,
To shining his lighted verse upon the world.
Heart, soul, mind, spirit, called forth and hurled,

At the wall of time, yea that depth of forgetfulness.

Hoping to let all he loves and dreams live beyond him,
He chooses his components with a care but keeps them trim.
Tiny glimpses cast in words, secrets you can trace,
To the fact that plagues us all, death eventually wins the race.

The gift of magic in poetry and literature is all that it leaves.

Shining keys, gleaming screen, a light shining in eyes,
Carefully crafted spells of words, care that never dies.
So if you care read him well,
For of glory and love and golden times he casts the spell,

Of ever lasting sighs.

Candle, crystal, heart, stars, center of the night.
I pray that I can gift my love, and cast my spell just right.
Peace and joy, dreams and visions are my gifts,
And from a Wandering Mage, imagination drifts,

Shows all in timeless light.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/22/2000

Author's Comments

It is my fondest wish, to gift my readers with a vision of what I write, to take them to pleasing vistas beyond the ordinary every day world. I pray I can cast such a spell and let it drift on electronic winds through time. The wish of the poet from all ages.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/22/2000 4:12:42 AM
10/19/2020 12:21:43 AM
749
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com6/22/2000 9:45:40 PM
Dan, I feel so proud to be the first one to comment on this poem. I really feel like I can identify with what you're saying and I'd like to add that way back then, in the "freaky forum frenzy" of our youth (haha), I'm going to tell you something you never knew before. When everything was going crazy and someone (or more than one) person was  trying to spoil our fun and make a mockery of us all, you would come along and smooth everything out with your beautiful and wise
words and then everything was alright again for awhile.

Without telling you this I felt like you were the magic wizard or wise sage who had the gift of putting his words down in such a way (but not with these actual words obvious to an idiot) .... you said, hey you immature brats, stop your bickering and listen up! Because if you don't wisen up you will never understand that the written word, such as  you bash it into your computers, is imortalised forever...is this how you want to be remembered forever more? Haha... ok, now I'm being tongue in cheek here, (another expression) but what I'm trying to say in too many words is, it was  you who taught me to be more honest with my feelings and be aware of just what and how much I was or wasn't saying when I published something, even if it was only a crummy public forum place!

It didn't keep me from completely staying out of trouble but at least I became aware why? 

Thank-you for writing these words and putting into print something which I thought I knew all along .... :o)

Bye for now, Janine.