Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Forward Motion

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/7/2000 1:01:28 PM
9/27/2020 4:22:42 PM
852

Forward Motion

You know, we dream and look up into the night.
We use it for romance, enjoy the sights.
Wow, sweetheart, see the pretty lights?

The stars are more than that. Worlds await.

You know, we currently contemplate, slowly move to our fate, but is it too late?
There are places to explore, lives to live, beyond the cradle.
Hopefully we make it soon, before endings shall destiny ladle.

I look up and wish for time, things I hope to see.
But if time blinds me, then I've at least helped foundations be.

I put my heart into helping my people grow beyond one small world.
I said so openly, I have hidden no words for popularity.
Opinions I have many. This one is not negotiable.

There is more for us. It will be here soon.
Then we shall dance feather light, upon the silvery moon.
Yes we'll see Jupiter as half the sky, as Europa draws icily nigh, living celestial boon.
The rings of Saturn shall entertain us, Titans' wealth uncovered.

Floating in the asteroids, surprises at every turn.
We shall travel beyond our star, and for an eternity learn.
Life goes on. Love goes on. We must grow.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford

06/07/2000

Author's Comments

I'm a huge promoter of exploring space. I think our future both depends on it and will be immensely enriched by it. I hope to see much of it's early days in my lifetime. I've already witnessed it's birth. You know, the stars are in all the colors of the  rainbow. Diamonds are in all colors, too. They are just washed white by a few miles of air and preferential marketing in the popular media.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/7/2000 1:01:28 PM
9/27/2020 4:22:42 PM
852
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 2

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com6/25/2000 11:53:48 AM
Dan, I'd like to think that one day I can soar into the clouds and explore the night skies. If I really have to I'll even accept doing it in a spaceship ... :o) I love this poem.
Claudklugecc@jps.net7/19/2000 11:07:01 PM
Hi

It occurred to me that as poets we tend to be somewhat self-centered at times and thereby miss a lot of good things that others have to offer. I, therefore, have undertaken to read and comment on all the poems posted on the 50 most veiwed and 50 most recent catagories. I can find some good in the poorest of poetry and something to critisize in the best of poetry. The project may take some time but the fact that you are reading this should indicate that I've read this piece and enjoyed, at least, some if not all of what you ‘ve written. I'll leave the judging to the experts. It.s enough for me to know the you cared enough to share your work with us all. I would also encourage you all to share your thoughts with me and all the others that have contributed to this website. Just remember:

A SONG IS NOT A SONG ‘TIL YOU SING IT
A BELL IS NOT A BELL ‘TIL YOU RING IT
LOVE IS NOT PUT IN YOUR HEART TO STAY
LOVE IS NOT LOVE ‘TIL YOU GIVE IT AWAY

Claud