Friday, October 23, 2020

Serenity In Transit

 

Library Home
AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/18/2000 11:51:18 AM
9/27/2020 6:51:49 AM
2437

Serenity In Transit

Sailing on through the dark, a purpose in mind
Destiny yet to fulfil, trillions of miles to kill.
Awaiting a spark, out here in the dark.
Sleeping while we run, work yet undone.
Goals so grand, they clap when they stand.
Out here alone, the radio links me to home.
Marvels in wire, lofted on fire.
My birth they await, ticking clocks and bated breath.
Years will they dream, of completing the scheme.
Brothers and sisters I've lost, in bright and brief holocaust.
I am unaware, but I own grandeur so fair, do I really get there.
Quietly, grandly, of my fate I partake. With each transmission, history is mine to make.
This is the legacy that allows me such unaware serenity, while I am in transit to my brief time of glory.
However it turns out, they shall hear my celestial story.

By: Daniel A. Stafford

(C) 05/18/2000

Author's Comments

Dedicated to the persons from every nation who have taken the time and effort to enrich our knowledge of our environment within the solar system and beyond. This is to the teams who patiently wait years while their probes transit across the neighborhood of our local star and then bring us awareness of where we live. Such grand explorers are they!


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/18/2000 11:51:18 AM
9/27/2020 6:51:49 AM
2437
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html