Friday, October 23, 2020

Shocking

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/6/2000 10:36:24 PM
10/16/2020 5:18:48 PM
1057

Shocking

I felt it at the age of one. Shocking.
Tesla was another one. Shocking.
Ben Franklin, with a kite and key. Shocking.
Edison, that makes three plus me. Shocking.
Turn it, oh turn it on. Shocking.
Frustration, the fuse is gone. Shocking.
I learned it since time I knew. Shocking.
It moves half a world, it's true. Shocking.
Static, crackle sparking, oh shocking.
Blue in hue, light, lightning, illuminate fate. Shocking.
The irate, over-communicate. Shocking.
Send out a prayer on electronic winds, follow the currents. Shocking.
Hair on end, machines that think, we walk on moons. Shocking.
We now have Y2k, in a crystal ball kind of way. Shocking.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 05/06/2000

Author's Comments

Electricity has played a huge part of my life. I first experienced it up close and personal at the age of one.
Extension cords, wet concrete floors, lead to my career. Shocking.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/6/2000 10:36:24 PM
10/16/2020 5:18:48 PM
1057
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com10/1/2000 4:47:49 AM
What an unusual style you had here. Are you aware
of how much you've changed since you wrote these early ones?
I think they are impact poems, the repetition of the word
over and over again. Interesting!