Friday, October 23, 2020

Starlight on Rain

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/13/2000 4:23:21 AM
9/18/2020 6:58:28 AM
1066

Starlight on Rain

In the deep times, in the night times,
I remember you.
Under the stars, however so far,
I reflect on you.
Quietly, I softly tread to your house in my mind.
I remember an aching heart.
Never speaking, always feeling, a lifetime teaching,
I remember a breaking heart.
A smile through the tears, living worst fears,
I reflect through those times.
Away in the night, in quiet soul's light,
Your memory it glows.
Days of my youth, love is a truth,
What has become of you?
One that I loved, in quiet, a riot,
With the Angels you must sing.
Ringing of truth, warmth like the sun, crystalized in my mind,
I remember you.
Gone, gone, the loving never, ever done,
Like starlight on rain, how you sparkle and shine, jewel of my life and heart.
Remembrance is yours.

By: Daniel A. Stafford

(C) 05/13/2000

Author's Comments

Dedicated to those who hold a place in my heart wherever they might be on Earth or in Heaven. You hold places of honor unknown. Somewhere, somehow, our souls are touching, even though it can't be seen, and there is a beauty in that far beyond any words.

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/13/2000 4:23:21 AM
9/18/2020 6:58:28 AM
1066
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 4

Comments

Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comwww.spinnys.com6/27/2000 1:57:50 PM
I know I already told you how much I like this poem
but I thought I'd just write it in here too so you've
got it for all time. What a beautiful poem Dan. I absolutely
love the daytime and sunshine, but nights are a really
special time. I love sitting under the stars and
thinking about all my friends, near and far.
Claudklugecc@jps.net7/19/2000 10:35:56 PM
Hi

It occurred to me that as poets we tend to be somewhat
self-centered at times and thereby miss a lot of good things
that others have to offer.
I, therefore, have undertaken to read and comment on all
the poems posted on the 50 most veiwed and 50 most recent
catagories. I can find some good in the poorest of poetry
and something to critisize in the best of poetry.
The project may take some time but the fact that you are
reading this should indicate that I've read this piece and
enjoyed, at least, some if not all of what you ‘ve written.
I'll leave the judging to the experts. It.s enough for me to
know the you cared enough to share your work with us all.
I would also encourage you all to share your thoughts with
me and all the others that have contributed to this website.
Just remember:
A SONG IS NOT A SONG ‘TIL YOU SING IT
A BELL IS NOT A BELL ‘TIL YOU RING IT
LOVE IS NOT PUT IN YOUR HEART TO STAY
LOVE IS NOT LOVE ‘TIL YOU GIVE IT AWAY

Claud
Sue Alliebttfly9@yahoo.comhttp://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/98437/21/2000 8:02:45 PM
The title alone caught my attention. This poem is a wonderful tale of true love.
Christinatigris@primus.com.auhttp://www.geocities.com/tigrispoet/8/25/2000 8:27:29 AM
This one is particularly special....I understand and relate, as there are certain people who will always have a special place in my heart also - they will never be forgotten but remembered with a kindness and fondness of those who once shared my life. Though I have moved on, and my life has changed, these people are special as they help mould who you are today....A very special poem, Daniel. I really enjoyed it.