Friday, October 23, 2020

Night Owl

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/13/2000 3:53:49 AM
9/14/2020 12:48:22 AM
846

Night Owl

Don't jump in 'til the morning, waking without warning.
Night Owl's a hoot.
Alarming late, to meet my fate.
Night Owl turns to see.
See the stars, if you get that far, jewels out of reach.
Night Owl speaks in me.
Moon light, watch a sattelite, faintly I can see.
Night Owl demands to fly.
Reading until the dawn, until your eyes feel gone.
Night Owl's red-eyed plan.
Traffic light, there is no fight.
Night Owl travels home.
Celestial spectacle, quiet receptacle.
Night Owl looks inside.
The reflections of the flying Night Owl, flying in silence, swiftly under a soft glowing moon,
racing across the face of the night, trying so hard to get it right.
Night Owl wakes the underside of my soul.

And what I see reflected off the pool of night is shining like a star in the dark.

By: Daniel A. Stafford

(C) 05/13/2000

Author's Comments

It's incredible how wonderful the quiet of the night can be for inner reflection. The wonders of the night sky.
Being a Night Owl can have some wonderful rewards, Hear your own mind in the quiet.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/13/2000 3:53:49 AM
9/14/2020 12:48:22 AM
846
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 1

Comments

Christinatigris@primus.com.auhttp://www.geocities.com/tigrispoet/8/25/2000 8:15:06 AM
Hey Daniel! As a "night owl" myself, I can relate to this one (smile)! It is amazing how much you get to reflect upon and think about when there is nothing to interrupt your thoughts in the night hours....I do most of my writing during this time, as there is a certain stillness and tranquility. No daytime noise, no phones, TV or sound....just you and the still nighttime.... And because I am a night owl, I don't get to enjoy the mornings so often (smile)! I enjoyed reading this poem. Good on ya!