Thursday, October 22, 2020

In The Soft Glow Of Moonlit Roses


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/15/2000 7:52:11 PM
10/5/2020 1:32:48 AM
2285

In The Soft Glow Of Moonlit Roses

In the crystal ball of my mind's eye, I see you.
In the depths of my heart, I know you.

In the soft glow of moonlit roses, I try to spark your memory.

Do you remember, before we were begun?
Do you understand the destiny we have won?

In the soft glow of moonlit roses, I whisper your name.

The last time we were here, before we were born, you gave your heart to me.
In the mists of long ago, our love was meant to be.

In the soft glow of moonlit roses, we dance cheek to cheek.

In hours of darkeness without number, I've held dreams of you close to my heart.
In the magical Avalon of Ever Been, we once held hands and made a new start.

In the soft glow of moonlit roses, the beautiful music slowly plays.

We have shared our sparkling wine in cups fashioned of unborn memories.
In the shaded glades of karma, a forest of all knowing, we laugh and view the trees.

In the soft glow of moonlit roses, our bodies gently sway.

In days before our return from heaven, we heard choirs of angels sing.
Together we stood at the foundation of all and heard the bells of creation ring.

In the soft glow of moonlit roses, we surrender to each other with joy.

And now, in the soft glow of moonlit roses, one more we love returns from heaven to join us.

And the cycle of love winds on in harmony.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 2000

Author's Comments

When you find your soul mate, rejoice in the wisdom of creation, that could be so kind.

This is my favorite poem of the heart, and I thought it would be appropriate to bring back
for this month's topic.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford5/15/2000 7:52:11 PM
10/5/2020 1:32:48 AM
2285
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html

Total Comments: 7

Comments

Mia JenningsMia@pconline.comhttp:www.pconline.com/~cwj/miwha.html5/15/2000 8:17:51 PM
Daniel
This poem was absolutely beautiful.
I enjoyed reading this one.

Mia
Janine Danielspinnys@hotmail.comhttp://www.spinnys.com6/22/2000 9:18:35 PM
Dan, it's me again. I'm still shivering after
reading this one. (Am I allowed to say that? haha)
Really though, ooooh, it made my spine tingle. It really
had an effect on me and you may remember (or maybe not)
but I love this sort of poetry. I don't know
if I could describe how I felt reading it as graphically
as I did after reading the first one but I think you know
me enough to read between the lines. Your girl friend (woman)
is one lucky person in my book.

Thank-you Daniel for giving this person a moment
of shivers in her other-wise dull existence ... :o)
Claudklugecc@jps.net7/19/2000 4:16:32 AM
Hi

It occurred to me that as poets we tend to be somewhat
self-centered at times and thereby miss a lot of good things
that others have to offer.
I, therefore, have undertaken to read and comment on all
the poems posted on the 50 most veiwed and 50 most recent
catagories. I can find some good in the poorest of poetry
and something to critisize in the best of poetry.
The project may take some time but the fact that you are
reading this should indicate that I've read this piece and
enjoyed, at least, some if not all of what you ‘ve written.
I'll leave the judging to the experts. It.s enough for me to
know the you cared enough to share your work with us all.
I would also encourage you all to share your thoughts with
me and all the others that have contributed to this website.
Just remember:
A SONG IS NOT A SONG ‘TIL YOU SING IT
A BELL IS NOT A BELL ‘TIL YOU RING IT
LOVE IS NOT PUT IN YOUR HEART TO STAY
LOVE IS NOT LOVE ‘TIL YOU GIVE IT AWAY

Claud
Sue Alliebttfly9@yahoo.comhttp://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/98437/21/2000 8:05:43 PM
Sweet visions fill my mind when I read this one!
Mavendetermined2@hotmail.comhttp://www.homepages.go.com/~jasondallas/raven.html9/28/2000 4:15:56 PM
Some things you can look at, but not touch.
Typical romantic interlude.
"thought provoking"
APoetsPerspective2/15/2001 1:01:36 PM
Thanks Dan for bring this one back to the fore front for this month's theme on love. Good poetry is timeless and this one is right on the mark any time, and more so for Valentine's day.

Thanks for sharing this one with us again!

-j
Leighmarin@kci.nethttp://leighscorner.com2/15/2001 7:30:21 PM
This is utterly beautiful, Dan. It says everything that finding your soulmate is. It leaves one breathless ....

Leigh