Friday, October 30, 2020

Fireflies' Union

 

AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/19/2000 12:32:59 AM
9/12/2020 12:05:11 PM
772

Fireflies' Union

There is a place, gracing the edge of a lake.
A strange part of history, it does partake.
A romantic place found in my mind.
A gentle place, with memories kind.

The Union Terrace, at the edge of the lake.

Madison is quite a liberal town.
Walking down state, all types can be found.
Gothic, punk, hippie, yuppie and more.
Every culture, tiny shops and stores.

Blues music from the gazebo.

No cars do there they allow,
Busses and bikes, or on foot, that's how.
And when you get down to the end,
Enter the great university grounds with your friends.

Party lights, hanging from poles, decking the boats.

Cross past the library, beyond the park, other side of the fountain.
An old building there, really quite grand, and the memories tall as amountain.
A terrace on the lake in the back, there in Capitol City, on track.
A beer party place, outdoor bar, music and you, I'd love to be back.

Sunsets over the water.

If you possess, a student I.D., you can be there laughing with me.
Old trees reposed in state, fireflies and music, until way late.
I tend to forget how time flies, I'm too busy looking into your eyes.
Rocking with the sail boats and band, darkness comes as I take your
hand.

Your eyes reflect the lights, so does the water.

The moon is full, hanging low, it sits across the lake with a silvery glow.
Flowers in planters now black and white, but you are there, to color my night.
Sweetness and love fill the air, as I hold you with no worries or cares.

The fireflies dance in the air, magic fills my heart.

Fireflies Union, summer, me, evenings and you.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
(C) 06/19/2000

Author's Comments

Madison, Wisconsin. State Street. The University Campus. The Student Union Terrace,
The night, the lake, the music, the romance. Unforgettable. A fantasy, mixed with memories,
Hopes for the future, someday. The setting is lovely....I want to share it with my Lady.


AuthorDate Entered/ModifiedViews
Daniel A. Stafford6/19/2000 12:32:59 AM
9/12/2020 12:05:11 PM
772
AuthorEmailWeb
Daniel A. Staffordaqmstaffo@mailbag.comwww.mailbag.com/users/aqmstaffo/index.html